Development 360 is a mentoring program for ULI Young Leaders, to educate them about the development process. Accepted applicants will attend 6 planned sessions over the course of 3 months. They will learn about the development of a specific project or case study through planned curriculum and guest speakers, facilitated and taught by the project’s developer.
This program is a more rigorous version 2.0 of ULI Colorado’s longstanding and successful Partnership Forum. Participants must have completed one year of the Partnership Forum to participate.
Friday, June 30 – Applications Due
Friday, July 14 – Notifications go out to applicants
Thursday, August 10 – First meeting (location TBD)
2017 Session Instructor: Cameron Bertron, Senior Vice President – Development, EnviroFinance Group
Cameron Bertron manages the real estate and financing components of brownfield and Infill projects. With more than a decade of public and private sector real estate experience, he brings a hands-on understanding of how successful public–private partnerships are structured and financed.
2017 Project Site: SLOANS
Formerly the St. Anthony’s Hospital site, SLOANS is a 7.5 block mixed-use project totaling more than 1,150 new households, 75,000 square feet of new neighborhood serving retail, and 60,000 square feet of office and medical space. SLOANS is Colorado’s highest LEED-rated neighborhood development and is 20 percent deed-restricted for low income, senior, disabled and workforce housing.
Development 360 Curriculum:
Curriculum is divided into 6 sessions, taking place over the course of 3 months. See an overview of our curriculum in the Program Timeline.
Development 360 Participant Requirements:
- Participants should commit to attending all sessions. Session times, locations, dates, and topics will be available in advance and during the application process.
- Accepted applicants are required to submit the program fee upon invoice and before the first session date.
- Accepted applicants are required to keep their ULI Membership current for the duration of the program.
- Any proprietary information or industry secrets shared in this room shall not leave the room.
- Program participants should be prepared to spend time on sessions outside of class hours in the form of reading assignments or worksheets.
- The Development 360 program is participatory. With assistance from ULI staff, the Developer/ Facilitator, and the program planning committee, the group and its leadership plan content and activities at each of the scheduled sessions.
- Although this is an industry meeting among industry peers, it is educational in nature. No overt marketing of a firm and its services is permitted. This is a place to build relationships, learn about the development process, and share best practices.
- Class is limited in size to 20 participants.
- Classes will take place different locations around the city. Please see the Program Timeline for more information.
- Classes will occur on schedule; Please see the Program Timeline for more information on dates and times. Class times may vary, but will generally run between the hours of 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm on Thursday evenings from August 24th – November 9th.
- Light snacks and coffee/tea/water, are provided at each session, and participants are invited to bring their own dinner or other food items.
- A binder with class and session information, organized by session, will be provided to each participant at the first session. Materials for each session following this will be available at the beginning of that class.