Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI)
Have you wondered what it takes to be a real estate developer? Would you like to add skills to your existing career portfolio?
If you answered YES, the Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is for you!
This is the 8th year for the highly successful Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) program. You can further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the local industry. Chosen participants will engage in both large group and small group mentoring sessions.
You’ll have the opportunity to apply your lessons to a project as your group devises plans for a development in the Southmoor Station Area in Denver.
The ideal participant will have, at minimum, some knowledge of real estate concepts, an undergraduate degree and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. A panel consisting of representatives from the Urban Land Institute and the City and County of Denver will select individuals for the 2017 class, starting in June and ending in mid-November.
- Minorities and women are eligible to apply for the program
- Up to 28 applicants will be accepted, based on completed applications, including 2 letters of reference
- You must be able to attend two classes each month for 5 and 1/2 months, in addition to working sessions with your group – classes will be from 2-5pm each Monday
- Participants have the opportunity to work on real projects with sites located in the Southmoor neighborhood
- $250 fee upon acceptance into the program must be received before the program begins in June. If the fee is not collected in time, you forfeit your place in the program.
- Participants must participate in project development and the final presentation
- Participants must complete a program evaluation
Participant rewards (upon successful program completion):
- Free one-year membership in ULI Colorado, with access to more than 1,100 members working in many different areas of the real estate industry
- Certificate of completion
- Real estate industry Continuing Education Units (if applicable)
- Large and small group real estate mentoring and education worth up to $15,000.
2017 Class Schedule (subject to change before the program commences):
- June 26th, 3-6pm
- July 10th & 24th, 2-5pm
- August 7th & 21st, 2-5pm
- September 11th & 25th, 2-5pm
- October 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, 2-5pm
- November 13th, 2-6pm
- Don McKenzie and Rich Wilson (mentoring team from Forum Real Estate)
- Ismael Guerrero, Denver Housing Authority
- Ray Stranske, Raise Homes, LLC (formerly with NewsED)
- Kenneth Hoagland, Community Capital Corporation
- Leanne Toler, Stifel Financial Corporation
- Mary Anderies, Anderies Consulting
- Kate Hilberg, Metro Denver Habitat for Humanity
- Ozi Friedrich, Radix Design
- Rick Epstein, re:architecture
- Ron Izzo, Handprint Architecture
This is your opportunity to further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the local industry.
Applications were due by 5 p.m. on June 2, 2017. For additional questions, please contact the REDI Program Coordinator Cindy Christensen at 303.887.1115; Marianne Eppig, ULI Manager, at 303.893.1760 ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Sylvia Smith at the Denver Office of Economic Development at 720.913.1602.
Please note: The application will require you to have two letters of reference that you will need to secure before completing the application process.
Thank you to our sponsors!