Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI)
In December 2010, a group of ULI women leaders convened to assess opportunities for increasing the number and visibility of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry. The group met several times to discuss the relevance and value of a ULI initiative to develop women leaders. The outgrowth of those meetings was the creation of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), part of the ULI Robert C. Larson Leadership Initiative. The Woman’s Leadership Initiative was formally launched in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting, and continues to grow today. Nine out of fifty one ULI District Councils have adopted the WLI Program. ULI Colorado is excited to launch WLI in our District Council. The mission statement and objectives are detailed below.
The mission of the WLI is expressed through its five primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members
- Support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
The Women’s Leadership is both a local program and a national program. CLICK HERE to learn more about WLI and it’s current impact on the national level!
THE LOCAL COMMITTEE:
ULI Colorado’s Women’s Leadership Initiative Committee is comprised of 25 ULI members who meet on a monthly basis to discuss the implementation of our mission goals through local activities and programs. New participants are always welcome, but you must be a current ULI Member. Please email our committee chairs to be invited to the next meeting!
Wendi Birchler, Principal, Norris Design, email@example.com
Jessica Ostermick, Director, Research & Analysis, CBRE, Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org