ULI Colorado introduces mentoring for mid- to senior-level professional women looking to break through the glass ceiling.
Applications now open!
Everyone needs guidance at critical career points. This is especially true for women in real estate navigating an industry that remains especially male-dominated.
Being developed with a seed grant from the ULI Foundation, this new program is tailored for women in real estate and related land-use professions seeking to advance by working one-on-one with senior leaders in the field.
This pilot program led by the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) will match female ULI members with industry executives for mentorship in career advancement and leadership. This six-month, intimate program will build relationships and offer training that leads to further career satisfaction and success in the real estate and land use fields.
Since WLI was founded in 2013, it has been adopted in 40+ ULI District Councils, including ULI Colorado. Opportunities afforded by WLI programs have helped double the number of women ULI members in that time. ULI Colorado’s successful WLI programs have included Emerging Trends in Real Estate, quarterly Leadership Connections, View from the Top, and Tools for Transformation.
Meet Our 2021 Mentors
Jesse Adkins, Principal, Shears Adkins Rockmore Architects
Erin Clark, Vice President of Master Site Development, Urban Land Conservancy
Amy Hansen, Shareholder, Polsinelli
Tracy Huggins, Executive Director, Denver Urban Renewal Authority
Heidi Majerik, Vice President & General Manager, Southern Land Company
Bruce O’Donnell, President, STARBOARD Realty Group
Women who are mid- to senior-level career professionals with 10-20 years of experience in real estate or land use fields who want to advance to the executive level.
In our pilot year of the program, we will accept six female ULI members into the program. The ideal mentee is a woman who has reached a leadership level of success within her career. She may be recognized for her achievements and seen as a respected resource in her market. She may have hit the proverbial “glass ceiling” and would benefit from mentorship to advance to executive levels. She also may be looking for growth in her skills as a leader, manager, and/or board member. The program will help her with this transition to senior leadership, build her influence and expertise, and advance the mission of ULI as she becomes a leader in supporting responsible land use and thriving communities.
Upon acceptance, we ask that you become a ULI member if you are not already and the registration fee for the program is $300. If you are experiencing financial hardship, you can email Marianne.Eppig@uli.org about scholarship opportunities. Click here for more information about ULI membership.
- December 2020 – January 15, 2021: Applications open here
- January 15 – February 1, 2021: Participant selection & notification
- February 19, 2021: Virtual launch event with all mentors and mentees, including an overview of the program, materials and resources, and mentor/mentee relationship training
- February 2021: Mentor/mentee matching
- February – June 2021: Monthly mentorship meetings following the Breaking the Glass Ceiling Guidebook
- April 16, 2021: Mid-program virtual check in with all the teams, including leadership training
- July 16, 2021: All participants come together for networking and closing remarks on next steps in mentor programming and succession planning. We will also highlight successes and lessons learned. Virtual or in-person TBD.
How you and your organization can help:
- Sponsor the program! Learn more about sponsorship opportunities by contacting Marianne.Eppig@uli.org
- Promote participation in the program among your peers and colleagues who are mid-career women