Meet Boulder Commons (Sold out!)
Where: 2490 Junction Place, Boulder, CO 80301
When: Wednesday, January 24, 4 – 7 pm
Thanks for coming! See powerpoint presentations from the event below:
Join ULI Colorado for a tour and panel discussion of the new Boulder Commons, the largest multi-tenant Net Zero Energy building in the US and soon to be the most environmentally sustainable commercial real estate development in Boulder County. Boulder Commons, consisting of two commercial buildings totaling roughly 100,000 sf, opened September 2017 about 120 steps from the Junction Place at Depot Square transit center. The two iconic buildings include commercial office and ground-level restaurant and retail space, as well as a solar wall, natural light on all sides, and an innovative energy-efficient design.
The panel will feature the project’s developer, Morgan Creek Ventures, and architect, Coburn Architecture, as well as the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), a tenant in one of the buildings. The panel will also include a discussion on green leasing, since Morgan Creek Ventures worked with RMI and its counsel, the legal team at Holland & Hart, to develop a first-of-its-kind lease structure that built a strong business case for both tenants and landlords to actively contribute to meet the development’s net zero goals. At the event, RMI will release Best Practices for Net Zero Energy Leasing. A year in the making, this action-oriented handbook examines case studies across the US and culminates recommendations for other real estate developers, landlords and brokers to successfully and profitably adopt net zero energy.
- Andrew Bush, Principal, Morgan Creek Ventures
- William Holicky, Design Principal and Senior Architect, Coburn Architecture
- Cara Carmichael, Manager, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Laurence Preble, Of Counsel, Holland & Hart
- 4-4:30 pm: Introduction by Michael Leccese, Executive Director of ULI Colorado, in the Boulder Commons gallery (2490 Junction Place)
- 4:30-5:15 pm: Tours of Boulder Commons led by Coburn Architecture and RMI
- 5:20-6 pm: Panel discussion with Q&A in the Boulder Commons flex space
- 6-7 pm: Happy hour and networking in the Boulder Commons gallery
Directions & Parking:
You can take public transportation or easily bike to Boulder Junction at Depot Square Station or park in the Boulder Junction at Depot Square Station parking garage (3175 Junction Place, Boulder, CO, 80301), where public parking is $1.25/hour. From there, walk north along Junction Place to the gallery located in the north building of Boulder Commons (2490 Junction Place, Boulder, CO 80301). There are also several bike racks between the two Boulder Commons buildings.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Thank you to our in-kind sponsor!