ULI Colorado’s Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) leaders present this “Read, Listen, Watch” Session on the important theme of “How to be Anti-Racist!”
“How to be Anti-Racist” Options:
• Read: How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
• Listen: “Historian Ibram X. Kendi On 'How To Be An Antiracist'” by NPR Reset (21 min)
• Watch: Book Talk with Ibram X. Kendi on “How to Be an Antiracist” by The Aspen Institute (72 min)
How It Works: Before the session, either read, listen to, or watch one of the media options (feel free to review all three if you have time!). During the virtual session, a ULI Colorado volunteer will present the theme and pose a few discussion questions to the group. Participants will be divided into breakout groups to discuss the content and theme, with the support of conversation guidelines. This is the second of a new series of discussions among ULI Colorado members, meant to explore and expand understanding of key Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) topics.
- 4-4:10pm: Welcome & Introductions
- 4:10-4:15pm: Amirah Shahid, DEI Champion for WLI Colorado, will introduce the “How to be Anti-Racist” theme and present questions related to the theme
- 4:15-4:55pm: Breakout room discussions (drinks & socializing welcome)
- 4:55-5pm: Discussion highlights & introduction of next theme
Thank you to our 2021 DEI Sponsors!