The Etkin Student Scholars Program is designed to immerse its participants into the thriving real estate industry in Colorado. From October through April, the participants will attend ULI Colorado events, committees, become volunteers, and network with ULI members to enhance their scholastic endeavors and learn the benefits of ULI membership.
Applications will open again in the fall of 2022
Students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate real estate, business, architecture, planning, and related land use/business/real estate programs at Colorado colleges and universities are eligible to apply. ULI Colorado will select 15-25 students based on completed applications. The program begins in November 2020 and extends through April 2021. Upon successful program completion (one excused absence allowed), each Student Scholar receives a one-year ULI membership with commensurate benefits.
Student scholars will have access to:
• Exclusive student scholarship events
• The 1,400-member ULI Colorado community of developers, architects, bankers, brokers, construction managers, planners, public officials and many more disciplines
• ULI Colorado’s 200+ Young Leaders
• Insider tours of innovative new projects
• Career advice from industry leaders
• ULI Colorado staff and committees
• ULI’s global network of research, publications, case studies, and webinars
“Thanks to the ULI Colorado team, EJSS mentors and sponsors for investing in the next generation of real estate professionals. The ESS program provided invaluable opportunities to network with like-minded peers, learn from experienced mentors and industry experts, and get a first-hand look at the vibrant real estate industry in Colorado. I highly recommend all students interested in real estate, land use, or urban planning apply for this program!”
– J.D. Candidate, 2023 | University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Master of Urban and Regional Planning, 2020 | University of Colorado Denver, and former EJ Student Scholar
“The Etkin Student Scholar program is an excellent opportunity for students to begin a career-long involvement with the Urban Land Institute (ULI). I applied to the program to supplement academic coursework in real estate development with real-world learning. I recommended the ESS program to fellow students because of the fantastic opportunities to learn from and network with Denver’s real estate development professionals.”
– May 2020 CU Denver graduate (Master of Urban Design & Master of Urban and Regional Planning) and former Etkin Student Scholar
Each scholar will spend up to 27 hours (or 3 hours per month) participating in projects, including:
- Four special events (attendance required, one excused absence allowed) linking scholars with ULI Colorado leadership
- ULI Colorado monthly events and activities with scholars highlighted
- Meet leading ULI members one-on-one, targeted to scholars’ real estate interests
- The opportunity to attend ULI Colorado committee meetings with guest speakers
Eligible applicants will be current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the affiliated universities in the real estate, construction management, architecture, planning, finance, business, or other fields related to real estate and land use.
Applications for 2021/2022 are closed. Check back in fall of 2022 to apply for the 2022/2023 program!
Academic partners include:
- Colorado State University, Everitt Real Estate Center
- University of Colorado Denver, College of Architecture and Planning
- University of Colorado Denver, Daniels College of Business, Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- University of Colorado Boulder, Leeds School of Business
- University of Colorado Boulder, Leeds School of Business Real Estate Center
- University of Colorado Boulder, Program in Environmental Design
Generously sponsored by Bruce Etkin of Etkin Johnson Real Estate Partners.