The Etkin Johnson Student Scholars Program is designed to immerse its participants into the thriving real estate industry in Colorado. From October through April, the participants will attend ULI Colorado events, committees, become volunteers, and network with ULI members to enhance their scholastic endeavors and learn the benefits of ULI membership.
Entering its fifth year, the Etkin Johnson Student Scholars Program is designed to immerse its participants into the thriving real estate industry in Colorado. From October through April, the participants will attend ULI Colorado events, committees, become volunteers, and network with ULI members to enhance their scholastic endeavors and learn the benefits of ULI membership.
To engage college students through mentorship, education and networking with leading ULI members, exposing scholars to key Colorado real estate and land use leaders.
Students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate real estate, business, architecture, planning, and related land use/business/real estate programs at Colorado colleges and universities are eligible to apply. ULI Colorado will select 15 students based on completed applications. The program begins in October 2019 and extends through April 2020. Upon successful program completion (one excused absence allowed), each Student Scholar receives a one-year ULI membership, effective May 2020, with commensurate benefits.
Student scholars will have access to:
• Exclusive student scholarship events
• The 1,400-member ULI Colorado community of developers, architects, bankers, brokers, construction managers, planners, public officials and many more disciplines
• ULI Colorado’s 200+ Young Leaders
• Insider tours of innovative new projects
• Career advice from industry leaders
• ULI Colorado staff and committees
• ULI’s global network of research, publications, case studies, and webinars
Each scholar will spend up to 27 hours (or 3 hours per month) participating in projects, including:
- Four special events (attendance required, one excused absence allowed) linking scholars with ULI Colorado leadership
- ULI Colorado monthly events and activities with scholars highlighted
- Meet leading ULI members one-on-one, targeted to scholars’ real estate interests
- The opportunity to attend ULI Colorado committee meetings
Eligible applicants will be current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the affiliated universities in the real estate, construction management, architecture, planning, finance, business, or other fields related to real estate and land use. Applications are now closed for the 2019-2020 program.
Academic partners include:
- Colorado State University, Everitt Real Estate Center
- College of Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado, Denver
- Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado, Boulder
- University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business Real Estate Center
- Daniels College of Business, Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management
- Environmental Design (ENVD) program, CU Boulder
- College of Architecture and Planning, CU Boulder
- Sturm College of Law, University of Denver