Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI)
Apply in May for the 2019 REDI program!
Have you wondered what it takes to be a real estate developer? Would you like to add real estate development skills to your existing career portfolio? Are you a woman and/or a minority? If you answered YES, the Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is for you!
This is the 10th year for the highly successful Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI), which is a comprehensive real estate development training and mentorship program for women and people of color. The curriculum covers the spectrum of the real estate development process, including a free pro forma course at the University of Denver. Throughout the program, participants work in small teams with mentors to create a development plan and pro forma for a local site along East Colfax, which they will present to a “Shark Tank” at the end of the program. Graduates receive a free ULI membership upon successful completion of the program.
The ideal participant will have, at minimum, some knowledge of real estate concepts, an undergraduate degree, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to engage in real estate development. A panel consisting of representatives from the Urban Land Institute and the City and County of Denver will select individuals for the 2019 class in June.
See what graduates have said about REDI:
“The REDI program served as a launch pad for my transition into real estate development. The team I was part of was dynamic and included pertinent players in every field required to put a project together.” – Ivan Anaya
“The REDI program piqued and motivated my interest in creating relationships in real estate development. I credit REDI for a new construction condo development project consisting of 200 plus units which I am working on.” – Danny Rubio
“The REDI program completed my understanding of the development process, adding the financial component to round out my knowledge. I have a deeper understanding of my client’s needs and challenges so I can better serve them. ” – Deborah Snyder
- Women and people of color are eligible to apply for the program.
- Up to 30 applicants will be accepted, based on completed applications, including 2 letters of reference.
- 100% class participation is required to graduate (up to three pre-approved absences are permitted).
- $250 fee upon acceptance into the program must be received before the program begins in late June. If the fee is not collected in time, you forfeit your place in the program.
- Participants must participate in project development and the final presentation.
- Participants must complete a program evaluation.
Participant rewards (upon successful program completion):
- Free one-year membership in ULI Colorado, with access to more than 1,300 members working in many different areas of the real estate industry, worth $440.
- Free textbook on Professional Real Estate Development worth over $100.
- Certificate of completion.
- Real estate industry Continuing Education Units.
- Large and small group real estate mentoring and education worth $15,000.
2019 Session Schedule:
- June 24th, 3-6pm (kick-off session at case study site)
- July 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, 3-6pm
- August 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, 3-6pm
- September 3rd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, 3-6pm
- October 7th, 2-6pm (final group presentations & graduation)
Pro Forma Class at the University of Denver:
- July 11th and 18th, 6-8pm
- August 8th and 22nd, 6-8pm
- September 5th, 5-8pm
2019 Development Mentors:
- Mary Anderies, Anderies Consulting
- Ismael Guerrero, Denver Housing Authority
- Kenneth Hoagland, Community Capital Corporation
- Sarah Laverty, EnviroFinance Group
- Anthea Martin, Bellwether Enterprise Real Estate Capital, LLC
- Joe Swensson, Opus Group
- Rich Wilson, Forum Real Estate
2019 Design Mentors:
- Rick Epstein, re:architecture
- Ozi Friedrich, Radix Design
- Mark De La Torre, MIG
This is your opportunity to further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the local industry.
Applications are due on May 31st at 5pm. For additional questions, please contact Marianne Eppig, ULI Manager, at email@example.com.
Thank you to our REDI partners!
Thank you to our sponsors!