Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI)
Please check back in May to apply for the 2019 REDI program
Have you wondered what it takes to be a real estate developer? Would you like to add real estate development skills to your existing career portfolio? Are you a woman and/or a minority? If you answered YES, the Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is for you!
This is the 9th year for the highly successful Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI). You can further your career by learning directly from expert mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the real estate industry. Chosen participants will engage in both large group and small group mentoring sessions and will have access to a free course on pro formas at the University of Denver. Participants will also have the opportunity to work in teams to create a development plan and pro forma for a 64 acre site in South Sheridan.
The ideal participant will have, at minimum, some knowledge of real estate concepts, an undergraduate degree, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to engage in real estate development. A panel consisting of representatives from the Urban Land Institute and the City and County of Denver will select individuals for the 2018 class in June.
See what graduates have said about REDI:
“The REDI program served as a launch pad for my transition into real estate development. The team I was part of was dynamic and included pertinent players in every field required to put a project together.” – Ivan Anaya
“The REDI program piqued and motivated my interest in creating relationships in real estate development. I credit REDI for a new construction condo development project consisting of 200 plus units which I am working on.” – Danny Rubio
“The REDI program completed my understanding of the development process, adding the financial component to round out my knowledge. I have a deeper understanding of my client’s needs and challenges so I can better serve them. ” – Deborah Snyder
- Minorities and women are eligible to apply for the program.
- Up to 30 applicants will be accepted, based on completed applications, including 2 letters of reference.
- 100% class participation is required to graduate (pre-approved absences allowed).
- $250 fee upon acceptance into the program must be received before the program begins in late June. If the fee is not collected in time, you forfeit your place in the program.
- Participants must participate in project development and the final presentation.
- Participants must complete a program evaluation.
Participant rewards (upon successful program completion):
- Free one-year membership in ULI Colorado, with access to more than 1,300 members working in many different areas of the real estate industry.
- Certificate of completion.
- Real estate industry Continuing Education Units (if applicable).
- Large and small group real estate mentoring and education worth $15,000.
2018 Session Schedule (subject to change before the program commences):
- June 25th, 3-6pm (kick-off session at case study site)
- July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, 3-5pm
- August 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, 3-5pm
- September 3rd, 10th, 17th, 3-5pm
- September 24th, 2-6pm (final group presentations & graduation)
Optional (but highly recommended) DU Course on Pro Forma Development:
- July 12th, 6-8pm
- July 19th, 6-8pm
- August 9th, 6-8pm
- September 6th, 5-8pm (team pro forma reviews)
- Ismael Guerrero, Denver Housing Authority
- Kenneth Hoagland, Community Capital Corporation
- Anthea Martin, Bellwether Enterprise Real Estate Capital, LLC
- Rich Wilson, Forum Real Estate
- Tim Schlichting, LCP Development
- Mary Anderies, Anderies Consulting
- Kevin Kelley, United Properties
- Rick Epstein, re:architecture
- Ozi Friedrich, Radix Design
- Yong Cho, Studio Completiva
This is your opportunity to further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the local industry.
Applications have closed for the 2018 program. For additional questions, please contact Marianne Eppig, ULI Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our REDI partners!
Thank you to our sponsors!