As part of ULI’s global effort to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry, Colorado’s Women’s Leadership Initiative supports its network of 400+ members statewide through events, networking, and a professional development program.
What’s new with WLI Colorado:
The mission of the WLI is expressed through its five primary objectives (bold indicates local area of focus):
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members
- Support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
The Women’s Leadership is both a local and national program. Click here to learn more about WLI and it’s current impact on the national level.
Get involved locally:
There are always opportunities to get involved with the Colorado Women’s Leadership Initiative. Interested in helping plan and organize local initiatives? Contact the committee chairs, Sarah Nurmela and Liz Rapp (info below), to learn more!
Sarah Nurmela, Neighborhood Planning and Implementation Manager, City & County of Denver, Sarah.Nurmela@denvergov.org
Liz Rapp, Manager Business Development, PCL Construction Services, Inc., LNRapp@pcl.com
In December 2010, a group of ULI women leaders convened to assess opportunities for increasing the number and visibility of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry. The group met several times to discuss the relevance and value of a ULI initiative to develop women leaders. The outgrowth of those meetings was the creation of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), part of the ULI Robert C. Larson Leadership Initiative. The Women’s Leadership Initiative was formally launched in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting, and continues to grow today.