ULI Colorado’s Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) has trained and mentored more than 410 women and people of color in real estate development, and connected all more directly to careers and business opportunities in real estate. Since we launched the program in 2009, we have helped make REDI into a national ULI program that’s now offered by ULI District Councils across the country.
ULI COLORADO HAS PLACED THE REDI PROGRAM ON HOLD FOR 2022-23. APPLICANTS CAN STILL EXPRESS INTEREST FOR 2023-24 BY EMAILING COLORADO@ULI.ORG.
Have you wondered what it takes to be a real estate developer? Would you like to add real estate development skills to your existing career portfolio? Are you a woman and/or a person of color? If you answered YES, the Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is for you!
Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI), is a comprehensive real estate development training and mentorship program for women and people of color. The curriculum covers the spectrum of the real estate development process, including pro forma instruction through the University of Denver. Throughout the program, participants work in small teams with mentors to create a development plan and pro forma for a real local site, which they will present to a “Shark Tank” at the end of the program. Graduates receive a free ULI membership upon successful completion of the program.
The ideal participant will have, at minimum, knowledge of real estate concepts, an undergraduate degree, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to engage in real estate development. Competitive applications will demonstrate sufficient career experience to do well in the program, a strong commitment and desire to participate in the program, and supportive references.
See what graduates have said about REDI:
“The REDI program served as a launch pad for my transition into real estate development. The team I was part of was dynamic and included pertinent players in every field required to put a project together.” – Ivan Anaya
“The REDI program piqued and motivated my interest in creating relationships in real estate development. I credit REDI for a new construction condo development project consisting of 200 plus units which I am working on.” – Danny Rubio
“The REDI program completed my understanding of the development process, adding the financial component to round out my knowledge. I have a deeper understanding of my client’s needs and challenges so I can better serve them. ” – Deborah Snyder
- Women and people of color are eligible to apply for the program.
- Up to 30 applicants will be accepted, based on completed applications, including 2 letters of reference.
- 100% class participation is required to graduate and receive the free ULI membership (up to three pre-approved absences are permitted). Please get your employer’s approval to participate before you apply!
- $350 fee upon acceptance into the program must be received before the program begins in late June. If you are unable to cover this fee due to financial hardship and have been accepted into the program, please reach out to Marianne.Eppig@uli.org.
- Due to COVID-19, the 2022 sessions may be be hosted virtually to prioritize everyone’s health and safety. Since this is the case, you must have access to a computer and an internet connection to participate. If it is possible to meet in person, we will do so.
- In addition to the scheduled sessions, participants will have access to on-demand video courses in real estate development through ULI Learning. Participants must complete these courses and the associated quizzes to successfully graduate from the program.
- Participants must participate in project development and the final presentation. This includes at least several hours of work per week outside of the scheduled sessions.
- Participants must complete a program evaluation.
Participant rewards (upon successful program completion):
- Free one-year membership in ULI Colorado, with access to more than 1,400 members working in many different areas of the real estate industry, worth $492.
- Free textbook on Professional Real Estate Development worth over $100.
- Certificate of program completion for both REDI and ULI Learning’s Real Estate 101 course.
- Continuing Education Units
- Large and small group real estate mentoring and education worth over $15,000.
2021 Development Mentors:
- Mary Anderies, Anderies Consulting
- Grant Bennett, Proximity Green
- Kenneth Hoagland, Community Capital Corporation
- Sarah Laverty, EnviroFinance Group
- Mark Marshall, Urban Land Conservancy
- Rich Wilson, Forum Real Estate
2021 Design Mentors:
- Jordan Block, HDR
- Mark De La Torre, MIG
- Rick Epstein, re:architecture
- Ozi Friedrich, radix design
- Josh Oqueli, Bonsai Design Build
This is your opportunity to further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges, opportunities, and best practices in the real estate development industry.
Thank You to Our 2021 REDI Sponsors!